What is your New Year’s resolution? This year you promised yourself to go outside your comfort zone. Sometimes you have to go outside your comfort zone to really experience life. Instead of staycations why not try vacation outside Singapore? Traveling more will surely nourish your soul. Do not worry because there are things that you can do to make it successful.
You have to keep in mind though that whatever things needed done, you have to stick to it. Here are some hacks to more travel this 2017:
1. Start with your travel fund. The good thing is that it is just the beginning of the year. This means that you have all the time to save for your travel fund. Travel funds include flight, accommodation, restaurants and other potentials costs. It is better that you make a list and then put an amount so you will know how much to save. You can create savings account for your travel – it should be separate from your savings or checking account. By the end of the year, you will be surprised.
2. Make the most of long holidays. By now you already know the holidays all throughout the year. The best way to maximize it is to schedule your travel. If you identified long holidays or weekends, it is the perfect time to schedule your vacation.
3. Sign up for airlines’ mailing list. If you particularly want to go to Europe, there are airlines who offer sales or deals. You just need to watch out for it. The best way is to sign up for airlines’ mailing list so when there are flash deals, you are the first person to know then you can book right away.
4. Try couch surfing. Couch surfing is famous these days. You just need to look for sites like HomeExchange to begin with. Couch surfing is staying at a house for free. You can save a great deal of money if your stay will be free. You have to be careful though. The idea of sleeping on someone else’s couch can be terrifying but when you think about it, it is your way of forging connections.
5. Learn a foreign language. Learning a new language will be your greatest motivation for traveling abroad. For example, if you want to go to France, you have to learn French so you will be excited to put it in good use. This goal will be trying and exhausting but it can make a difference at the end of the day.
Sleeping far away from home has its perks and disadvantages. Perks like being alone and experiencing luxury are hard to refuse. It has disadvantages too like missing home and our pet dog. It is good to know that there are hotels out there that employ pets to bring happy happiness to their guests.
Here are some hotels that see the importance of having pets around:
- The Jefferson: The hotel in Washington D.C employs a CEO (which stands for Canine Executive Officer). The pet dog is a beagle and is called Monti. Monti is hanging around the lobby and welcoming the guests. The “Lord Monti” experience is $450 a night but the 5% of the reservation will be given to PAW Rescue.
- Fairmont Copley Plaza: The hotel in Boston has two lovable canine ambassadors. The black Labradors are named Catie and Carly Copley. The dogs enjoy riding on the bellcarts and are there to greet the guests. In fact, we can book an appointment with them and take them for a walk.
- Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch: The hotel in Colorado has two dogs – a St. Bernard called Bachelor and a Bernese mountain dog called Belle. The two dogs can take its visitors to hiking trails and flower-covered hills. Ah, what a fine experience.
- Mandarin Oriental: If we are in Bangkok, we should see the Mandarin Oriental and hear the Thong-Jaa sisters. The sisters are domestic mynah birds capable to mimic sounds if they are taught. The best experience is the birds greeting the guests.
Although we are not sure if there are hotels here in Singapore with the same services, we surely hope that there is one. Having a pet around brings us closer to home.
Unlike other tropical countries, Singapore’s climate is relatively different. If in other tropical countries you can experience rainy season, in Singapore, rainy days occasionally comes. This is because the location of the country is near the equator. Since the climate is hot, you need to prepare everything you need when you plan to go to Singapore.
Your outfit will depend on what is season when you go to the country. However, if you are going to Singapore in a hot season, be sure to pack loose clothing. It is not necessary that you bring loose clothing but if you want to travel around the city comfortably, you’ll need those.
As usual, you cannot travel without cash. That is the very reason why money is significant in all that you do. Once you have stepped your feet in the country and have brought cash, utilize it for shopping and eating to restaurants who serves high-quality chow. Singaporeans past-time is eating and shopping. So, when you have an ample time, do it.
Definitely, you need to bring this one. If you are travelling around the world don’t let the opportunity leave you behind. Use your cameras to capture memories. The main point in travelling is to see the beautiful surroundings or sceneries in a place and to take photos which will be your reward after. Camera must be brought together with its memory cards. Do not also forget to bring additional memory cards once you are fun capturing attractive spots.