What is your New Year’s resolution? This year you promised yourself to go outside your comfort zone. Sometimes you have to go outside your comfort zone to really experience life. Instead of staycations why not try vacation outside Singapore? Traveling more will surely nourish your soul. Do not worry because there are things that you can do to make it successful.
You have to keep in mind though that whatever things needed done, you have to stick to it. Here are some hacks to more travel this 2017:
1. Start with your travel fund. The good thing is that it is just the beginning of the year. This means that you have all the time to save for your travel fund. Travel funds include flight, accommodation, restaurants and other potentials costs. It is better that you make a list and then put an amount so you will know how much to save. You can create savings account for your travel – it should be separate from your savings or checking account. By the end of the year, you will be surprised.
2. Make the most of long holidays. By now you already know the holidays all throughout the year. The best way to maximize it is to schedule your travel. If you identified long holidays or weekends, it is the perfect time to schedule your vacation.
3. Sign up for airlines’ mailing list. If you particularly want to go to Europe, there are airlines who offer sales or deals. You just need to watch out for it. The best way is to sign up for airlines’ mailing list so when there are flash deals, you are the first person to know then you can book right away.
4. Try couch surfing. Couch surfing is famous these days. You just need to look for sites like HomeExchange to begin with. Couch surfing is staying at a house for free. You can save a great deal of money if your stay will be free. You have to be careful though. The idea of sleeping on someone else’s couch can be terrifying but when you think about it, it is your way of forging connections.
5. Learn a foreign language. Learning a new language will be your greatest motivation for traveling abroad. For example, if you want to go to France, you have to learn French so you will be excited to put it in good use. This goal will be trying and exhausting but it can make a difference at the end of the day.