Executive health screening is designed to cater busy individuals and business executives who cannot find time to make multiple visits to several doctors for comprehensive physical checkup. For this reason, it is designed in a way that it can be completed in less than a day. The main purpose of physical screening is to provide knowledge to individuals about their state of health without the hassle of going out of their daily routine.
Now, health screenings are used by many people in Singapore from any field, but they must pick the right health screening package according to the demands of their own health.
Traditional Screening Tests
This health screening in singapore package includes everything needed to get a full overview of an individual’s health. The tests are used to detect and manage potentially life-threatening but treatable ailments such as cancer and heart disease. This screening package includes:
• Medical History Evaluation – immunization, medication, and social history review
• Laboratory Testing – comprehensive metabolic panel, lipid panel test, complete blood count, cardio-CRT test, blood glucose test, blood count, urinalysis, TH4 test, and test for prostate-specific antigen inside the body
• Physical Examination – weight, height, body mass index, blood pressure, temperature, pulse oximetry, body fat percentage, heart rate, visual screening, hearing screening, and examination of the eyes, nose, ears, throat, and head
• Any or a combination of radiology testing – carotid ultrasound, lower extremity with ABI ultrasound, aorta ultrasound, cardiac calcium scoring, echocardiogram, lung scan, MRI of the brain, cardiac stress test, colonoscopy, and bone density scan.
• Electrocardiograph and Spirometry (if needed)
Advanced Executive Screening Tests
This health screening package is designed to have a comprehensive physical examination. It includes everything performed in traditional health screening but includes several more tests that are specially made to detect cardiac illnesses. These tests are Carotid Duplex Ultrasound and Ultrasound with Ankle-Brachial-Index Test.
Additionally, unlike the traditional screening type, cardiac calcium scoring test is a requirement for this as it gives more accurate results for heart disease risk factors.
Senior Health Screening
This physical health screening is specifically designed for Singapore patients who are over 50 years of age. The screening package includes everything in the traditional and advanced screenings, but with few more tests for detection of age-related diseases. Additional physical examinations included in this screening package are:
• Bone density imaging for screening osteoporosis
• Lung scan for screening lung cancer
• MRI of the brain for detecting brain changes that can cause potentially cause dementia
Physical screenings, whether it’s in the form of verbal evaluation or extensive laboratory assessment, are important in taking good care of one’s health. All the aforementioned tests are designed to screen specific diseases and initiate formulation of preventive measures in order to cure potentially fatal illnesses.
Furthermore, findings from health screenings can motivate patients to do major lifestyle changes for healthier body and mind. A health screening test as simple as pricking the finger for blood sample can already reveal valuable information about the symptoms of diseases, like diabetes, iron deficiency, STD, and cardiovascular ailments, and help in finding ways to prevent worsening of many health problems.